Gulen schools win medals at Gulen competitions
ISWEEEP 2012, GENIUS 2012 etc
Page created June 30, 2012; more material will be added
Students from Gulen schools win a disproportionate number of medals at competitions run by the Gulen Movement. They also constitute a disproportionate percentage of finalists, which is significant since a high fraction of finalists win awards. For example, at GENIUS 2012, 80% of the finalist participants won a category award.
Some of this is already summarized on the pages for ISWEEEP 2011, and GENIUS 2011. Here, additional cases are presented, of both award winners and finalists. (These lists are not complete.)
Note: the inclusion of students' names is for purposes of identifying the school only; this is necessary because ISWEEEP does not name the schools associated with projects. This should not be construed as reflecting on these students in any way.
- Nile Academy, Canada, Bekir Buyukkocabas, gold medal. Additionally, special award from Hong Kong Innovative Technology and Education Association (HKITEA), a Gulenist organization.
- Nile Academy, Canada, Hamza Alkin and Muhammed Aksahan, honorable mention
- PakTurk Schools, Pakistan, Shadab Rasool, silver medal
- PakTurk Schools, Pakistan, Abdul Diam, honorable mention
- Pioneer Charter School of Science, Massachusetts, Farah Khoulani
- Pioneer Charter School of Science, Massachusetts, Monique Vo
- Pioneer Charter School of Science, Massachusetts, Sheila Vo
- Pioneer Charter School of Science, Massachusetts, Adefunke Atitebi
- Syracuse Academy of Science, Samantha Turnquest and Courtney Chavis, science category award
- Syracuse Academy of Science, Matthew Shampine, science category award
- Syracuse Academy of Science, Kathryn Warner, science category, honorable mention.
- Wisdom School, United Kingdom, "Investigating the effects of lead and lead compounds on biosystems," Mohammed Majidul Islam and Ece Imam Moustafa
- Wisdom School, United Kingdom,
"Can algae be the new biofuel energy source to save the world?" Ahmet
Firat Yesilada and Ugur Pacaci
- Sarajevo College, Bosnia-Herzegovina,"Turning up the Heat of Ethanol" Melisa Kobasica and Amina Besirovic
- Sarajevo College in Bosnia-Herzegovina "Algae: Eco-friendly Power Plants of Future" Denis Perunicic and Vekas Murselovic
- Osh Sema-Sebat Kazakh-Turk High School, Kyrgyzstan, "HELP FROM KYRGYZSTAN TO JAPAN!!! Novel method of remediation of uranium from contaminated soil by using bioremediants." Nurbek Sakiev and Ilim Kudaibakov
- Macedonia, "Breaking News That Will Shake The Scientific World : Young brains use the grey wastewater as a cleaning agent for oil-contaminated waters!'' Fjolla Mehmed and Tijana Ilievska (watch student Fjolla Mehmed at Turkish Olympiads http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycx3i33lLy4 )
- Yahya Kemal College, Macedonia, "Particle accelerator a solution for every nanproblem." Stefan Busheski and Ivo Spaseski
- Yahya Kemal College, Macedonia, "A groundbreaking enhancement of a renewable energy source, using a brand-new catalyst to power the planet." Branislav Stojkov and Eva Grintal
- Salahaldin School, Egypt, "Enhancing Methane Production from Cattle Manure by adding Water Hyacinth in Different Ratios." Khadija Bassim
- Siriwat Wittaya School, Thailand, "Increasing Efficiency of Water absorbency of dry soil by using agricultural raw materials and zeolite2." Juthatip Pichadul, Washiroporn Sosewee and Yanisa Chaisiriwongsuk
- Turgut Ozal College, Albania, "Analysis Of Plastic Addition To The Concrete." Dejvi Dode and Gent Gjika, bronze medal
- Turgut Ozal College, Albania, Flavia Zeneli, Besmire Ahmati, silver medal
- Abramson Science and Technology Charter School, New Orleans LA, Brandon Theodore, 2 special awards : U.S. Navy Office of Naval Research and HUNSTEM Award of Excellence.
- Bergen Arts & Science Charter School, New Jersey, “Algae Ethanol: Fuel of the future.” Angus Fung and Mitch Havert, silver medal
- Bergen Arts & Science Charter School, New Jersey, “The Warderclyff Tower revisited.” Zoey Zibor, bronze medal.
- Fulton Science Academy, Georgia. Aliye Karakoyun and Tatiana Dobretsova, gold medal.
- Magnolia Science Academy Carson, California. Kyle Thermos and Steven Colado, bronze medal.
- Paragon Science Academy, Arizona, "Investigating the Effects of Common Household Pollutants on the growth of C. vulgaris and NADPH Production in S. oleracea Chloroplasts (as a Model of C. vulgaris)." Jordan Hines, silver medal
- Sonoran Science Academy, Arizona, "Cooling the Heat." Kevin Novak, bronze medal.
- Syracuse Academy of Science Charter School, NY, "Bioinspired Solar Cells as a Clean Energy Source Using the Light Harvesting Principles of Photosynthesis." Kenneth Magwood, bronze medal.
- Syracuse Academy of Science Charter School, NY, Kory Pierre
- Turgut Ozal Turkmen-Turkish School, “Making a chipboard from stem of cotton plant." Annaberdi Guvanjov and Kerim Orazberdiyev, bronze medal.
- Dashoguz Turkmen-Turkish school, “Cleaning of heavy metals in earth via plants." Salahaddin Abdyrazakov and Aman Amanov, bronze medal.
- Ashgabat Turkmen-Turkish Girls’ School, “Smart Grid” project that is “Maximum efficient production and consumption of electricity”. Ogulbagt Amangeldiyeva and Ovadan Hezretguliyeva, honorable mention award.
- Kazakh-Turk schools, Kazakhstan, "Improving the ecology of cis-aral region through chemical fixing sands of saline lands complex additive." Akerke Begaliyeva and Aygerim Rahmetulina, silver medal
- Zaman International School, Cambodia, Sam Ang Manin, silver medal
- Zaman International School, Cambodia, Ban Ratanak Pisey and Duong Monita, bronze medals
- Zaman International School, Cambodia, Sam Ang Manin, gold medal and 3 other awards.
- Dushanbe International School, Tajikistan, "A Novel Method for Cleaning Heavy Metal (Cu & Cr) Polluted Soil and Study of the Processed Wastes as Fertilizer." Sorbon Rakhmatov, Mahmadrahimi Muhriddini, gold medal
- Yahya Kemal College, Macedonia, "Using aquatic species in the production of biodiesel." Stefan Kuzmanovski, Nikolce Kolev, silver medal
- Nile Academy, Canada, "Waste Coffee Bean Miracle." Kenan Suleymanov, Bekir Buyukkocabas, silver medal
- Nile (Nil) Academy, Canada, Isa Topbas, Bekir Buyukkocabas
- Zaman International School, Cambodia
- Kazakh-Turk Schools, Kazakhstan, 3 gold medals, 3 silver medals and 9 bronze medals (That the nation of Kazakhstan would have won so many awards in an "international" competition of 800-some students is difficult to believe.)